Thursday 21 July 2016

Masking......

Today's card.......
Having fun with Camp Create and the MFT Challenge
and today's challenge for me is Masking......
After die cutting the London Skyline out of masking paper 
I attached it to CS to use as a mask.
I have blended a few shades of blue inks for the sky and reds for the Moon.
I edged the skyline with red to give a 3D effect.
I removed the mask and again blended the same colours at the bottom.
The hello sentiment was also die cut and used as a mask.
I finished with stamping and embossing the I miss you sentiment and
flicking water to represent water...The river Thames.
The card ended up being on one layer.
I enjoyed using the die cut as a mask instead of using the actual die cut.


I am enjoying participating in the MFT Camp Create Challenge 
and chose the colours to enter The MFT Color Challenge too.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges I would like to enter....
MFT Camp Create-Magnificent Masking
MFT London Skyline Die and Hello Die and I Miss you stamp
MFT Color Challenge.....I chose the colours so I could also enter the color challenge

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great job of the masking Mac! You have created a great scene! Have a lovely day my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Patti said...

Oh my goodness! this really is amazing! I love your creative masking! A+++

Patti

Cara said...

Great masking, love the water. Cara x

*Vicki* said...

Your masking is absolutely brilliant with that London Skyline!! Fabulous take on the colors as well!! Brilliantly done my friend!! :)

Aileen said...

LOVE it. stunning eye catching and so 3D looking. You nailed it Mac.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful use of the masking technique Mac, and an awesome result!!
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

So very cool how you've added the shadow in red. LOVE this combination of colours and your fantastic design. xx

Shawna said...

I love, love, love this card Mac!! I am an urban studies geek and this is right up my crafty alley. Your technique is so well done and the colors you used is genius my friend! I know you don't 'miss me' but you are more then welcome to pretend and send that card my way!! Awesome.

Suchi said...

Wow! Awesome techniques used here Mac! This card is a beauty!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

The skyline is just amazing, clever you for your patience in cutting it out so perfectly. Once again, I would have just presumed that you had used a stencil to create this effect. I love how you've shaded above the Skyline to match the moon. Such a fabulous colour combination and a perfect card! Sandra X