Saturday 9 July 2016

Flower Cupcake.....

The inspiration for today's card 
Although you don't have to use a cupcake...
It was the first thing I saw and thought they where so pretty.
The delicate colours also caught my eye.
This is my card....
The background has been water coloured using inks and acetate.
I popped on a flower stencil and spread clear embossing  paste over it to add some shine 
and detail without detracting from the delicate colours.
I wanted the die cut tag to be matt so I used white gesso through the stencil this time.
It just adds a subtle detail.
The cupcake was stamped, die cut and heat embossed in silver and white puff paint.
I coloured the small roses, added some wink of stella and popped them onto the cupcake.
I wanted the background and the cupcake to shine against the matt tag.
I finished off with a  Love sentiment stencil, some white opaque embossing paste, 
a hint of colour and wink of stella.
 Thank you so much for finding time to stop by.
Crafty Hugs x
I would like to enter the following challenges...
Cupcake Inspiration - Inspiration photo - Flowers
Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies
Stamplorations - Ongoing challenge using theri products
The flower stencil is Stamplorations



18 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

My goodness Mac, the cupcakes on your card look just like the ones on the plate and you've definitely captured the delicate colours. I really like the background that you've created with the flowers and the clear embossing paste, it looks really effective. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Indy's Designs said...

This is so beautiful! Love the soft, pastel colors! So glad you were inspired by this week's flowers challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome shimmer! Beautiful pastel colors!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I am so glad that you posted the second photo because that shine is so pretty! Great card!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so stunning my friend! Beautiful background and that cupcake is just darling! I hope you're having a lovely weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Birgit said...

This is so adorable and I love your take on the cupcake challenge! Thanks so much for joining and best of luck!

cm said...

What a gorgeous rendition of the inspiration; your cupcakes are fantastic! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Cupcakes Inspiration challenge!
~carol

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Mac this is stunning - love the contrasts of sheen vs matt. and texture and the fabulous colours!! Great take on the inspiration photo
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning!! You are such a talented lady ... the techniques you use are so clever and the results are stupendous!

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow, Mac! This looks amazing! I love your take on the picture! Those soft colors and the stenciled detailing are gorgeous, and that cupcake looks good enough to eat!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--absolutely stunning! Love everything about this!

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Mac, you nailed that inspiration photo exactly! Amazing! Gorgeous background, wowzers, what a beautiful blend of rainbow colours! I love the subtle shimmer and bravo for being able to capture that on camera! hope you had a great weekend! hugs :)

Cara said...

This is stunning, love how delicate it is. Cara x

EK Gorman said...

This is so soft and pretty. Absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Rahmat said...

Wow, you had mimicked the cupcake pretty well, love it, the soft tones are beautiful.

Susan Renshaw said...

Very pretty!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!