Thursday 13 March 2014

Distress Chrysanthemum Card

Welcome to My First Blog Post and to 
         My First Design Challenge

I was inspired by Uniko Studio Challenge for a distress or vintage card with a suggested colour theme.
I tried for the first time using alcohol inks and blending them and now have a lot of various colours and backgrounds to use another time, likewise with the distress paints, stains and inks.
After experimenting for some time I finally decided to actually make the card!

Rangers Adirondack and Archival ink pads, Rangers Distress ink pads, Stains, Paints and Alcohol Inks in various colours, Kraft Card and Smooth White Card.

The outer layer has been stamped with the Uniko Chrysanthemum Stamp using Archival Sepia onto Kraft Card.
The next layer I have used various colours of Alcohol Inks and blended them onto White Smooth Card.
On the top layer I have blended Distress Inks and Paints, stamped the Chrysanthemums and Circles using the Uniko background builders. 
I distressed the edges with a scissors and blended distress ink around the edges. 
I stamped the Celebrate sentiment (from my stash) as I thought this looked like a vintage typewriter font.
Lastly, I mounted the card and then flicked a small amount of water to the top and side of the card to get a slightly more vintage feel to the card.  



Was this a Challenge?...Yes it Was for a Newbie like me...
Both from a creative point of view and from a computer point of view!
Did I love doing it...Yes I did!!!
Going to lie down in a dark room now!

Crafty Hugs  xx

5 comments:

Beverley said...

YAY! So happy to have you join us in the world of blogging :) You will soon get the hang of it all. What a stunning card to show too on your first post. You have used the Uniko Studio Challenge inspiration colours and theme perfectly. Thank you SO much for joining in :) Hugs Bev x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your generous comments and thanks too for your patience and help getting me started in this 'Blogging' world. Loving your Uniko stamps and they really do help to give you the inspiration you need to make the cards etc. Crafty hugs Beverley x

Ren-Yi said...

Wow - this is fabulous. i love your many layers of texture and for a first attempt i say this is pretty rock-awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your positive and kind comments. I loved joining in the challenge and think I've got the bug now!

Julie B said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, you are quite right it is addictive! You've got the right idea just play! Who needs an excuse. :0)